Where and how to register?
To become a SEA customer and obtain the status of an unemployed person or a job-seeker, you have to register at any of the 28 SEA offices in Latvia. You can do it in person, by visiting the office, or by making an appointment by phone + 371 25704510 in Latvian, English or Russian. Ask your social mentor to help you make an appointment with SEA. A previous appointment is necessary, because an interpreter may be required for your communication with the SEA employee.
What documents do I have to bring with me?
You should bring:
- a passport or an identity card, if any, issued by your country of origin;
- a residence permit in the Republic of Latvia;
- educational qualifications, if any.
What is the procedure for registration?
During your first visit you will tell the SEA employee about your education, skills, work experience and your expectations with regard to work. Together with the SEA consultant, you will prepare your personalised job-search action plan, with recommended courses, vacancies or other support services provided by SEA specified, as well as the date and time of your next visit.
The SEA consultant will help you find suitable vacancies, though you must remember that you need to look for a job independently too. If you do not know how to proceed, the SEA consultant will advise you where to begin.
How long does it take before I am granted the status of an unemployed person?
The status of an unemployed person is granted within one day, if
- you are of working age (15 – 63 years),
- are unemployed,
- do not perform any commercial activities,
- are not a full-time student of a primary, secondary or vocational school,
- have all the necessary documents with you.